Friday, July 31, 2009

Busy

I have been much busier than I had expected to be on this trip! Lots and lots of late night conversations, philosophical, practical, ridiculous, some involving stories about rabbits and bears, and the pope have made an impact on me. So busy that by the time I get home every night Ive been hitting the rack and sleeping. So, Ill take time now to quickly recap my week and then I will write in detail about things over the next few days.

The week here has been spent learning a process on how to organize your thoughts. Taking a problem, or conflict or decision you have to make and organizing it logically and taking deliberate steps in order to find ways to break the conflict. The process is called Theory of Constraints. The process is simply a tool for a person to find his or her own answers and solutions to their own conflicts. It is not a self help program that tells someone how to behave in order to have a happy life.

I have met folks from many places. It has been a great opportunity for me. Physicists, engineers, stay home parents, writers, entrepreneurs, visionaries, students, teachers, and crazy Irishmen. All of whom have made an impact on me this week and I am grateful for that.

Ok. Breakfast time. Ill write more at lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Emily wants to hear the crazy pope joke... though your mom got a kick out of hearing it in Irish.

    ReplyDelete